Sunday, June 28, 2009

Battlestar Galactica shout out.

When Dave and I first met he was very sneaky in the way he obtained my digits. For any young men who happen to be reading this and are searching for a smooth way to "pick up" a girl, take note...

We were sitting on the couch watching Batman Begins in a house full of people. Dave kept making fun of my feet saying they were dancer feet. As I was (and still am) self-conscious about that area of my body, I didn't get that he was trying to flirt. I was too caught up in trying to hide them from him. (Young men, don't make fun of her feet).

Then he grabbed my cell phone which was sitting on the coffee table. "Cool phone. Can I look at it?" I said, "sure". I thought it was weird, though, that he would want to look at my phone; it was not a cool phone. He gave it back to me a few minutes later. A few seconds after that he gets a text message. "Oh look! I got a text message from you just now! It says, 'Battlestar Galactica is awesome!' Cool, so you like Battlestar, too?" "Haha. No, not really". Truth is, I thought that show was lame. And I questioned his coolness for liking it. But he now had my phone number, and I had his so I guess he was the cool one after all. Ha ha.

But really what I wanted to say is that I like Battlestar Galactica now. Like, a lot. I'm totally invested. Dave tried to get me to watch it for over two years, I was dead set on not. It was dumb of me really. I finally gave in and started watching it about two months ago.

It's such a smart show. I had no idea. There are a few things that get annoying, though. For example, their swear word is "frack". And all papers that appear on the set have the corners cut off of them, making octagons. I guess the people who work on the set say that that's one of their biggest design regrets:/ Anyway, it's a great show and I can't wait to go home tonight and watch it with Dave:) I'm glad I let him convince me to be a nerd with him. For the rest of our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment