Monday, June 29, 2009

SYTYCD audition.

I am so sore from taking a ballet class on Saturday. I kind of like being sore, though. It makes me feel like I worked it, ya know? I have a lot of my dad in me... I am going to be auditioning for the competition reality show So You Think You Can Dance on July 24th (pray for me!) so I have to get back in shape:-/ For those of you who may not be familiar with the show, it is one of the best ones on TV right now. It's inspiring and entertaining. It's really a quality show. You should check it out.

I have a bachelors degree in ballet but I haven't been consistently dancing since I graduated. I was burnt out and turned off by the whole "ballet scene" so I decided to take a break. I guess it would be easy for me to regret that now, but that was then and then I wasn't feeling it. If I had forced myself I would have ruined it for me for the future. Now I am "feeling it" and I'm slowly starting to work my way back into the big scary world of dance. We'll see what happens...

I've been taking classes here and there with Ballet West and it's been a lot of fun. Ballet is beginning to be enjoyable for me again. And I'm excited about not only ballet but different kinds of dance, too. I almost forgot I have a talent for dance! :-) Every time I watch So You Think You Can Dance I get a little bit jealous that they get to do what they do. They get to work with the best choreographers, costume designers, etc. That would be a blast!

So, I'm not expecting much to happen at the audition. Like I said, it's not for another month but I will post pictures for sure and write about how everything went. Wish me luck!

2 comments: