Friday, June 26, 2009

My next sort of big decision.

I'm thinking about cutting myself some bangs. I am getting tired of my hair so I think I will try something new; it just feels flat and boring. I have done this before, though, and I will only want to grow my bangs back out two days later. I can never make up my mind. The grassy fields are always greener in magazines and on TV.

Have you ever seen something in the media -- like an outfit, or jewelry, or a hairstyle -- and thought to yourself, "Mmm, I think I can pull that off..." and tried it out and it just felt awkward? It feels like wearing runway clothing on the street. You get this great inspiration and decide you're going to go for it but it doesn't turn out the way you thought it would. I'm a little afraid of that. But hair always grows back, right?

I'm also thinking about cutting my hair super duper short. A change I would have to get used to. I haven't had my hair short since I was eight. I have wanted to do that for a long time but I always had to keep it long for ballet and plus, I just haven't had the guts. I still don't have the guts I guess; I am hesitant to chop my locks now that I'm married. Isn't that the stereotype, women cut their hair short as soon as they get married and when they have babies? Not that we are planning a baby any time soon.


We'll see. I could change my mind about my hair again tomorrow. If I do decide to snip, it will most likely be an I-did-it-myself job. I'll work my way up to the trendy action you get in a real live salon. I promise to post pictures if anything goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment